Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dreams come true,The art of DISNEY'S classic fairytales xx

Dreams Come True
"The Art of DISNEY'S Classic Fairy Tales"
Hey all, new years day was Awesome we went to Melbourne ACMI to see the Dreams Come True exhibit"
For all of those who know me I'm the biggest Disnerd,and yes I meant to write Disnerd not Disney hehe
I've been in love with Disney since I was little girl and its never changed....
I've always been a Dreamer, a dream chaser, a dream believer and a dream creater.....
Its the perfect name for the exhibit, it really is a Dream come true.
To see this artwork in real life is amazing, its a rare opportunity to see original concept art
from the Walt Disney Studio.
I was so excited to see my favourites The Little Mermaid,Sleeping Beautiful,
Princess and the Frog and TANGLED.
It was also an oppurtunity of a life time to see artwork created by one of my favourite
Disney animators Mary Blair"Magical"
The art of disney Catalogue,and the giant Alice tea cup xx
ACMI creation station.
The gorgeous, dashing Flynn Rider
The creative corner, I just love this area,
They had this at the Tim Burton exhibit its really for kids but its always full of adults
chatting,talking and creating art.
The beautiful Sleeping Beauty.
Aww Princess and the Frog.
My Briar Rose drawing.
The sweet Princess Ariel, Prince Eric and Max
Japanese Photobooths,they have awesome Japanese photobooths
in Melbourne ;)
Mini polaroids from our trip,
Please note all the disney artwork photos have been taken from
"The Art of Disney's classic Fairy Tales" Catalogue.
A big thanks to John Lasster who started and created this exhibit originally as a gift to New Orleans.
The Dreams Come True exhibit is a must see, its like a visit into your very own magical fairy tale :)
"FOR EVERY LAUGH THERE SHOULD BE A TEAR"
-WALT DISNEY

No comments:

Post a Comment