Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Guess who's 30?

Can you guess who's thirty?
It's our favorite out of this world Extra Terrestrial,
E.T. 30th Birthday.
I can't believe E.T. is thirty years old.
If you were a child of the 1980s like me then there is a good chance that
E.T. was a huge part of your childhood.
We grew up with him, it doesn't matter how many times I see this film,
It's just as beautiful and as heartfelt as it was when I was 5 years old,
and yes I still cry every time.
It was the first film I saw in a cinema my mum and nan took me,
and I got this amazing E.T. doll that I took everywhere hehe.
A big thank you to the multi talented Steven Spielberg for bringing
this magical alien into all our lives.
Happy 30th E.T.

Steven Spielberg created E.T. based on an imaginary
friend he had as a kid.
E.T. became a major blockbuster beating Star wars from the top of
the highest grossing film of all time.
E.T. held the record for 10 years.
E.T. Currently ranks no.7 on the all time U.S.A Box Office.
E.T. Movie Facts did you know?
Harrison Ford had a cameo as Elliot's school principal but it was cut as they thought
his appearance would be to distracting, Harrison Fords wife at the time
Melissa Mathison's cameo was also cut and she actually wrote the screenplay
for the film.

E.T is a beautiful story of family, love and friendship.
A modern day fairy tale,
Elliot and E.T. share a friendship of love and faith.
" I'll be right here."

No comments:

Post a Comment